Jesus designated the missionary task an extremely high priority. So high, that in these complex times, a specialized training program to equip individuals for the task is very necessary.
In our nine-month, residential training program you will be exposed to many essential areas that are vital in the missionary endeavor. Through Foundationally Imperative Training topics (F.I.T.), you will be much better prepared for this important task.
Purpose: To equip individuals for long-term, cross-cultural missionary ministry by covering information considered essential to accomplishing the task.
Along with a simple living lifestyle, below is a sample of the F.I.T. categories and subject matter that will be covered in the program.
THE CULTURE OF THE FEW.
- The Lord’s time-table is for durability and sustainability
- Little is much when God is in it.
- Missionary work: think marathon not a sprint, mission immersion, not itinerate missions.
- Biblical Basis for missions
- What Missions is not
- Historical Panorama of Redemption (Foundational Bible Teaching)
- Inner Self: Awareness and Transformation
- A Biblical Perspective on Suffering
- Spiritual Warfare
- Understanding the function and purpose of the sheep/shepherd relationship in a local church context.
PERSONAL GROWTH and CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
- Daily Disciplines (prayer, devotions, study, evangelism, fellowship)
- Developing Global Mindset
- Work Ethic
- Regular exercise
- Conflict Resolution Principles
- Spiritual gifts
- Grasping a theology that resists entitlement.
CROSS-CULTURAL MINISTRY PREPARATION
- Cultural Exploration Emphasis
- Ethnocentric tendencies
- Being an inquisitive learner
- Folk Religions
- Culture Jolts
- Case studies
- Importance of the heart language
- Introduction to Phonetics – hear well/speak well
- Acquisition Strategies
- Exploration stages (written language vs. unwritten language)
- Technical areas (Exposure to Analysis, Grammar, Phonemics, Discourse Analysis, Bible Translation)
- What is a church?
- Church planting in different contexts
- New Testament Church principles
- Stages in the process
- Responsibilities of a Church Planter
- Leadership Development
- Choosing Teammates
- Sending/Sponsoring relationships
- Health Awareness
- Safety and Contingency strategies
- Schooling of Children
- Living Conditions
- Shortcuts in missions
Grand opening of this training program is scheduled for Fall 2023.
Contact us for more information...